Thursday, August 14, 2014

A few more old photos

Students with Bishop in front of St Francis church
Here are a few more photos from down Memory Lane, especially for all those who remember the Old St Francis School, which is presently known as McMenimans. Photos show various events that took place over the years and other artifacts still on display.

An old pulpit which is displayed in the theater
The old Rectory and the church being built during a snowstorm, 1920
Franciscan Capuchins and other priests gathered for dinner
More photos hanging on walls, and an old pew, on display

1 comment:

  1. I came across your blog while looking for a photograph. I attended St. Francis from 1951-55, first through fifth grade. My sister Cora was 7 years ahead of me. I don't have a lot of memories of that time, and the ones I retain are random: chipping my front tooth on the playground on the spinning carousel type thing, Jerry Wetle breaking his arm, and the monthly visit from a parish priest, where we kids could ask what I call 'Catholic Questions', such as "Father, if you're escaping from the communists and have to jump off a high bridge or be captured, is that suicide?" Like I said, very random stuff.
    I came back to Bend for high school, then again briefly in 1969 before starting med school.
    I'm retired now, living in a small town in Montana. I was last back to Bend 3 years ago, most of the town was unrecognizable to me. I chuckled at being able to have a beer in the same area where my knuckles were whacked with a ruler.

    Cheers,
    Mike M.

    ReplyDelete